Friday, November 18, 2011

Toilet Paper Roll Snowflakes

Happy Friday! 
I hope you are well and happy! Our weather has been a bit Brrrr for the last few mornings, but oh so gorgeous!  There is a crispness in the air and the cooler temperatures makes me want to walk a bit faster to get from point A to point B! LOL!

Today's project is LOTS of fun! If you are like me and you see something fun, you say to yourself, "I can make that!" And I did! I found the idea on Pinterest HERE
Pin It I took a toilet paper roll, flattened it down so I could fit it into my rotary cutter and I cut strips 1/2" wide.  I used my scalloped Nesties and cut a small circle out of Kraft card stock for the base.  Then I used some tacky glue and I started gluing them together in the center.
Lastly I used my Martha Stewart snow flake punch and punched out a snow flake from the Kraft card stock again, then I centered it with a jewel and added the baker's twine hanging string.
These are so easy to make even the kiddos can get it on the action.
You could make then as full or as sparse as you'd like and of course the the strips larger or smaller too.
You could also add a little tag with a sweet sentiment if your kiddos wanted to give to Grandma for a gift!
Not that you couldn't make these if you so wished, but I have these little lovlies for sale in my Etsy shop if you just need a fast little gift or two or three! lol!

Thanks for stopping by today. Please come again really soon, but until then...have a lovely day!  HUGS! :)

Pin It!

5 comments:

Елена Яшкова said...

Восхитительная идея!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

You are the quen of recycling! I can imagine a whole flock of these on a gorgeous rustic tree. xxD

Јасна said...

Carobna ideja, DeeDee! Ovo cu odmah da isprobam! :)Pozdrav!

PeggyLovesVintage said...

WooHoo! What fun and such gorgeous little stars!

Sharon Caudle said...

No who in the world would have ever thought that toilet paper rolls could be so dang cute??!!! LOVE them, and I'm with Donna...imagine a rustic tree full of these! Beautiful!!!
hugs!

My Cards